Wednesday, December 29, 2010

To Russia with Love, and all the glory to God

panoramic afternoon
панорамный день




Beginning Blogger Lesson #1:  NEVER check your blog stats.   (Yeah right!?)

By this point... I have maybe ten posts.  Really, not very many at all... a few pictures, a few comments, a few attempts at trying to be cool enough to be noticed.... if I can even be noticed.  My only known follower would follow me off a cliff (love you hubster) --- and a stalker follower, my dad, without whose support I would have never wanted to be a writer anyhow.  So when check my blog stats -- which are bleak to say the least and do little to help to build my confidence to continue -- I can account for half of the 27 views this month.

But the other 13....... from Russia........ umm........ what's this about?  Am I about to be hacked?  And, because I have no problems personally with Russia... if you are not trying to hack me... comment, please!

В Россию с любовью. Надеюсь, вам понравится мой блог. Прокомментируйте, пожалуйста.  :)

Beginning Blogger Lesson #2: Publish your posts

This started as a post which sat unpublished until now.  I mean - I could have had 11 posts.  But no... I never returned to my work, and lost the opportunity to give my Russian followers something new to check in on. Sorry Russia.  :(

Извините России.  :(

Beginning Blogger Lesson #3: Always have a message, always have a picture

Today's Picture

This was taken last week sometime when the weather was 84 degrees and the dog and I had a chance to go on a nice, long walk.  Subtitled : Aaaahhh.... peace.

Today's Message

From The Upper Room : "...take courage from remembering that God takes our efforts and blesses them, bringing results far richer than anything we can possibly imagine - and certainly far beyond any specific outcome we might narrowly envision."     ~J. Kearney (Tennessee)

Now to [God] who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish far more than we can ask or imagine, to Him be glory. (Ephesians 3:20-21)

Теперь, чтобы [Бог], который по мощности при работе внутри нас в состоянии выполнить гораздо больше, чем мы просим, или о себе, его слава. (Ефесянам 3:20-21)

He is an awesome God with a majestic plan for us all - each of us created unique and special for a blessed purpose.  All glory to God for our efforts and accomplishments.  Without Him I could not write one word, let alone 10,000.  Without Him working through me, this past year would have been all for naught... but with Him my dignity is in tact, pride in check and a large part of my true self revealed through missions and ministry.  Without Him, I would enter 2011 with my head held low, afraid of what it might bright.... but...

With Him I know all things are possible! (Phil 4:13)  
С ним я знаю все возможно! (Фил 4:13)

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for having the confidence in me to do great things for the glorification of Your Kingdom.  I pray I am able to do as You ask, when You ask, with humility knowing it is You who are working through me. May I never back down, knowing you do not call the prepared... you prepare the called.  All glory and honor to You.
In Christ's name, Amen.

Дорогой Отец Небесный,
Спасибо за то, что доверие ко мне, чтобы сделать большие вещи для прославления твое царство. Я молюсь я могу делать, как Вы спрашиваете, когда вы просите, со смирением зная, что это вы, которые работают через меня. Могу ли я никогда не отступит, зная, что вы не называют готово ... Вы готовите называется. Вся слава и честь для вас.
Во имя Христа, аминь.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel welcomed to post a comment - no need to log in. Just start typing here, then in the drop down select "name" or "anonymous" and [publish]. Thanks in advance for sharing!